Business Reforms & Transformation
The Department of Business Reforms & Transformation is provided as one of the EAC Main Organs under the Executive Order No.1 of 2020.
Scope and Mandate
The scope and Mandate of the Department is:
- Identifying factors constraining Ease of Doing Business and proposing solutions in partnership with stakeholders.
- Identifying and recommending business reforms for promoting business and for making Kenya competitive locally, regionally and internationally.
- Working jointly and coordinating with partners to monitor Kenya`s Ease of Doing business.
- Driving legislative and regulatory reform on the ease of doing Business and business transformation.
- Coordinating engagements with private sector/business community in respect to business climate and business transformation.
- Monitoring the business climate and recommending appropriate policy, legal, regulatory and administrative changes necessary to enhance conduct of business within Kenya and between Kenya and its trading partners.
- Liaising with other partners, to create awareness on Kenya`s efforts at improving its ease of doing business.
- Any other function relevant to furtherance of its scope and mandate.
The Department is comprised of two Directorates, within which the above functions are actualized. These are:
• Directorate of Business Reforms
• Directorate of Regulatory, Communication and Field Services